Medical Genetics Graduate Program
- The Department of Medical Genetics offers MSc and PhD programs
- Applicants to the Medical Genetics Program for the September 2017 intake will be considered for our first year ROTATION PROGRAM in Medical Genetics-affliated world class labs.
- Students study alongside world-leading faculty members who use cutting-edge genetic, epigenetic, genomic, and bioinformatic methodologies to gain insights into diseases such as cancer, diabetes, obesity, neurodegenerative and neurological disorders, and other genetic diseases
- Research is highly interactive, involving local, national, and international collaborations, providing an enriching research environment
- Interested? Start by reading the Medical Genetics Graduate Program FAQs
Mission and Vision
The Mission of the UBC Department of Medical Genetics is to pursue basic and clinical research for diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of genetic disease. Our goal is to be a world leader in the research, clinical practice, and teaching of Genetic Medicine. The Department is an inspiring and productive community of scholars of genetics and genomics; an outstanding provider of knowledge, technical expertise, and compassionate care for our patients. We are a respected source of information and advice to society. While focusing on key areas of genetic medicine, we view diversity of approach and techniques to be an essential strength of our Department.