Applicants are to self-assess their eligibility for the Medical Genetics Graduate Program. A competitive applicant to the MSc or PhD degree programs should meet all of the following:
- Grade Point Average (GPA):
Applicants to the Master’s (MSc) degree program must hold the academic equivalent of a four-year Bachelor’s degree from UBC including one of the following:
- A minimum overall average in the B+ range (76% at UBC) in third- and fourth-year courses.
- Academic standing with multiple third- or fourth-year courses in the A grade range (80% or higher at UBC) in the field of study (genetics).
Applicants for a Doctoral (PhD) degree program normally hold a Master’s degree with a first class standing and demonstrated evidence of research ability or potential. For more information about GPA requirements for MSc and PhD applicants, see Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies minimum academic requirements.
Recent, advanced-level courses in:
- Statistics (biometrics)
- Relevant laboratory research experience
- Excellent references with assessment of research expertise and aptitude
Applicants upload the following documents to their online application form by the deadline:
- Statement of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official post-secondary transcripts (include one copy of the grading / marking key)
- Upload official copies of all transcripts (web transcripts are not acceptable)
- The grading key is required for each transcript uploaded
Applications that are not completed by the deadline will not be reviewed.
See FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS page for information about:
Who should apply, when to apply, how to apply, what is required when you apply, and more!