Research in the Department of Medical Genetics covers the study of human genetics with areas of focus in mammalian development, regulation of gene expression, genetic diseases due to single gene or complex inheritance, birth defects, reproduction, cancer, immunology, genomics, bioinformatics, ethics and population health.
- Developmental Genetics & Birth Defects
- Epigenetics and Chromosome Transmission
- Genomics & Bioinformatics
- Genetic Epidemiology & Human Gene Mapping
- Neurogenetics & Immunogenetics
- Stem Cells & Gene Therapy
- Clinical Genetics, Genetic Counselling and Ethics & Policy