STEP 1: Application Preparation
Applicants upload the following documents to their online application form by the deadline:
- Statement of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official post-secondary transcripts, including the grading / marking key, and degree certificates (if applicable)
- TOEFL or IELTS test score (if required)
- Upload PDFs of official transcripts (issued by the University, not web transcripts)
- Identify each transcript and degree certificate uploaded with your name, school, and degree
- Scan multi-page documents as a single document.
Do NOT submit the following:
- Paper copies of reference letters of letters already submitted on-line by your referees.
- High school certificates
- University workshop certificates
- References from postdoctoral fellows or character references
- More than three references
STEP 2: Application Review
- Completed applications will be reviewed and ranked by the Medical Genetics Admissions Committee.
- Applicants will be emailed the status of their application: “admissible” or “declined”.
- Admissible applicants must finalize their place in the Medical Genetics Graduate Program by securing the commitment of a Research Supervisor who agrees to provide supervision and financial support. Admissible applicants who are offered a place in the Rotation Program secure three supervisors for their rotations.
- Once the admissible applicant has secured the commitment of a Research Supervisor they will be recommended for admission to the Medical Genetics Graduate Program and the University of British Columbia. Admissible applicants will then be issued an official offer of acceptance letter.
STEP 3: Following an Offer of Admission
- Do NOT mail or courier the paper versions of your transcripts, degree certificates and WES reports to the Medical Genetics Graduate Program Office. If an applicant receives an admissions offer letter, they are tsend their official documents to:
Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
University of British Columbia
6371 Crescent Rd
Vancouver, BC CANADA V6T 1Z2