Applications are on hold from September 21st to October 4th, 2023, as the university adopts a new system. Please do not submit an application during this window. We recommend waiting until Monday, October 9, to allow for the new system to be fully online.
How to Submit Your Application:
Applications are submitted online to the UBC Graduate Certificate Online Application System.
Applicants can expect an admissions decision within 2-3 weeks after submitting their application. Students offered admission into the program will be asked to confirm their acceptance by enrolling in the next course offering including making payment for the course.
To complete your application, you will need to have the following documents ready:
- Statement of Interest
- A written statement of fewer than 300 words outlining your professional and scholarly goals and how these align with the graduate certificate
- Proof of Completion of Master’s degree in Genetic Counselling or equivalent
- Transcripts or other proof of completion documents are required from the institution where you obtained your Master’s degree. If scanned, both the front and back of each document must be scanned.
- We will also accept proof of US or Canadian Board Certification as evidence of genetic counselling status.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
And, if applicable:
- Results of English Proficiency Test Results
- Written Statement of Interest For A Scholarship or Bursary (less than 500 words)
We recognize that the current COVID-19 pandemic has created many difficulties, please contact us if you believe you are eligible to apply but you are missing some documentation.
When you click the Apply Now button below you will leave this website and go to the SynApps website to complete your application. Before you proceed, we highly recommend you review the admission requirements above.
Applications are accepted at any time. Applications received less than one month prior to the start of the term may not be reviewed in time for course registration that term. For courses that start in September (MEDG 580 and MEDG 595), applications should be submitted on or before August 1. For courses that start in January, applications should be submitted on or before December 1. Note that some courses fill up and have wait lists, especially MEDG 580.
We Welcome Your Questions!
Please contact us at email@example.com if you want to discuss your qualifications or would like to speak to us about the program