STEP 1: Application Documents
Upload to the online application form:
- Statement of Interest (also known as Statement of Intent)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Official post-secondary transcripts
- *Transcript grading/marking key/legend
- Official degree certificate(s) (if applicable)
- TOEFL or IELTS test score (if required)
- Permanent Resident card copy (if applicable)
*Failure to submit a grading key will result in an INCOMPLETE application! If your transcript does not include a grading key, upload a copy of the grading system from your university website.
Do NOT submit:
- Web-based/unofficial transcripts
- High school certificates/transcripts
- University workshop certificates
- References from postdoctoral fellows or character references
- More than three references
STEP 2: Application Review
- Completed applications are reviewed and ranked by the Medical Genetics Admissions Committee.
- Applicants will be emailed the status of their application review: “admissible” or “declined”.
- Admissible applicants must secure the commitment of a Research Supervisor who agrees to provide supervision and financial support. Admissible applicants who are offered a place in the Rotation Program secure three supervisors for their rotations.
- The admissible applicant will receive an official offer of admission letter from UBC once they have secured the written commitment of a Research Supervisor.
STEP 3: Following an Offer of Admission
Mail or courier official, degree-conferred transcripts and degree certificates to:
Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies
University of British Columbia
6371 Crescent Rd
Vancouver, BC CANADA V6T 1Z2