Official Transcripts and Degree Certificates
Applicants from non-Canadian post-secondary institutions must upload to their application forms an official transcript (and degree certificate, if applicable) for every institution attended or currently attending.
What is an official transcript and degree certificate?
- An official transcript and degree certificate are issued by the applicant’s university, generally in a sealed, endorsed envelope or sent via secure electronic delivery.
- If your transcript is in a language other than English, you must also upload a certified literal English translation of your transcripts and degree certificates from your home university’s translation service or a certified English translator.
- If your transcript does not include your degree conferral details, you must also upload the official degree certificate (in original language and English translation).
- Web transcripts are NOT official documents.
Uploading documents to your application form:
- Upload all pages of each transcript as a single pdf file.
- You MUST include one copy of your university grading key with each transcript.
- If your transcript does not include a grading key, upload a separate document with this information to your application.
- Upload degree certificates (if applicable).
- Name your uploaded documents: “Applicant Full Name-Document Description.extension”.
Submitting documents after receiving an admissions offer from UBC:
Conditional admission offers may be made based on documents uploaded to the online application form. However, admission offers will not be finalized, and applicants will not be allowed to register, until UBC has received all official documents in envelopes, sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution or sent via secure electronic delivery.
Check here for more details.