Do you meet the Medical Genetics admissions requirements?
- If your last completed degree is from a country where English is the official language (i.e. Canada, USA, UK, Australia, Nigeria, etc.), you are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS test score.
- If your degree is from a country such as India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, China, Africa, etc., where English is not the primary language, even if your degree was taken in English, you MUST submit an academic TOEFL/IELTS test score.
- TOEFL/IELTS test scores MUST be submitted by February 1st – no exceptions.
- Your application will likely be rejected if your test scores (overall and components) are below the required minimums:
MEDICAL GENETICS GRADUATE PROGRAM MINIMUM TEST SCORES FOR MSC AND PHD APPLICANTS:
|TOEFL||24||26||24||24||100 / 120|
|IELTS||7.0||7.0||7.0||7.0||7.5 / 9.0|
- TOEFL / IELTS tests must be written within the last two years.
- UBC institution code is 0965.
- Medical Genetics does not offer conditional admission to applicants who do not currently meet its minimum English language test requirements.
Note: the GRE test score is optional.
More admissions information at: