Do you meet the Medical Genetics English Language requirements?
- If your last completed degree is from a country where English is the official language (i.e. Canada, USA, UK, Australia, Nigeria, etc.), you are NOT required to submit a TOEFL / IELTS test score.
- If your degree is from a country such as India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, China, Africa, etc., where English is not the primary language, even if your degree was taken in English, you MUST submit an academic TOEFL / IELTS test score.
- Additional accepted English language tests can be found on the G+PS English Language Test page.
- TOEFL / IELTS official test scores MUST be submitted by January 15 – no exceptions. Applicants are advised to write their tests well in advance of the January 15 application deadline.
- Your application will not be reviewed, and therefore be rejected if your OVERALL AND COMPONENT test scores are below the required Medical Genetics minimum scores. There will be no exceptions.
MEDICAL GENETICS GRADUATE PROGRAM MINIMUM TEST SCORES FOR MSC AND PHD APPLICANTS:
|TOEFL||24||26||24||24||100 / 120|
|IELTS||7.0||7.0||7.0||7.0||7.5 / 9.0|
- TOEFL / IELTS tests must be written within the last two years.
- UBC institution code is 0965.
- Medical Genetics does not offer conditional admission to applicants who do not currently meet its minimum English language test requirements.
Note: submitting a GRE test score is optional.