MSC AND PHD APPLICANTS – Canadian, Permanent Residents (PR) and International
Do NOT apply unless you expect to receive your final grades by MAY 15th.
Application Opens: December 1st
Application Closes: February 15th
- MSc and PhD applicants do not require the commitment of a supervisor before applying for the September-start.
- Canadian and PR undergraduates applying in the Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s competition must submit their Medical Genetics admissions applications by Monday, December 7, 2020 in order to be included in the CGS Master’s competition (UBC). NOTE: You only need to submit your admissions application by December 7th. References for your admissions application are due by the February 15th deadline.
- If you are currently in a degree program, you must submit your first term grades by or before February 15th.
- International applicants MUST submit a current TOEFL / IELTS score by February 15th.
- References are due by or before February 15th.
- MSc and PhD applicants ranked admissible by the Admissions Committee must secure the commitment of a Research Supervisor by JUNE 1ST.
January-start is not available for MSc applicants.
PHD APPLICANTS – Canadian, Permanent Residents (PR) and International
- The Medical Genetics Graduate Program Office will open January applications only by request to PhD applicants who meet grade point average (GPA) and TOEFL/IELTS (if applicable) requirements and who have received a written commitment from a Medical Genetics Research Supervisor.
Application Opens: April 15th
Application Closes: May 15th
All documents, including references, must be submitted by: May 15th
September and January applicants must submit: Letter of Interest (Intent); Curriculum Vitae; ALL post-secondary transcripts (for in-progress and completed degree programs) including a grading key; references; and a TOEFL/IELTS score (if applicable) by the application deadline, otherwise your application is considered incomplete and will be declined.