September-Start Applicants (MSc and PhD) and January-Start Applicants (PhD only):
Do you need to secure a research supervisor before applying?
- You are not required to secure the commitment of a research supervisor before submitting an admissions application.
By what date do you need to finalize the commitment of a supervisor?
- The Admissions Committee reviews completed applications. Applicants will be notified if their applications are ranked admissible or declined.
- Admissible applicants must secure the commitment of a Medical Genetics Research Supervisor before receiving a final offer of admission to UBC.
- September-start admissible applicants must secure the written commitment of a Research Supervisor by JUNE 1ST.
- PhD January-start admissible applicants must secure the written commitment of a Research Supervisor by JULY 1ST.
Who are potential supervisors?
- The Program does not maintain a list of supervisors who are accepting new students. See: Faculty Research Summaries and Potential Supervisors (note: some profiles may not be current).
More admissions information at: